Tomilin Igor, Professor, Dr. of Science (Chemistry),
Honored Scientist of Russian Federation,
- 1951 – Engineer Degree, Physic-Chemistry Faculty of Moscow Institute of Steel and Alloys.
- 1956 – Ph.D. Engineering Science, Moscow Institute of Steel and Alloys.
- 1977 – Dr. of Science (Chemistry), Chemical Faculty of M.V. Lomonosov MoscowState University.
- 1983 – Professor of Physical Chemistry Dept.
- 1951-1963 Junior Scientist, Institute Physics of Metals in Central Institute of Ferrous Metallurgy.
- 1963-1977 Senior Scientist, Institute Physics of Metals in Central Institute of Ferrous Metallurgy.
- 1977-1994 Head of Physical Chemistry Department, Moscow Institute of Steel and Alloys.
- 1994-2006 Professor of Physical Chemistry Dept., Moscow Institute of Steel and Alloys.
- 2006-present Consulting Professor of Physical Chemistry Dept., Moscow Institute of Steel and Alloys.
Area of Scientific Interests
Physical chemistry of metallurgical processes, thermodynamics of alloys and intermetallic compounds, amorphous and nanocrystalline alloys, quasicrystalls, mechanical alloying, thermodynamics and kinetics of phase transformations in alloys, thermochemistry, high temperature calorimetry.
More than 290 publications (including two books) in scientific journals.
Participant more than 25 scientific conferences.
- B.M. Mogutnov, I.A. Tomilin, L.A. Schwarzman. Thermodynamics of Iron-Carbon alloys (in Russian). Metallurgia. 1972.
- .M. Mogutnov, I.A. Tomilin, L.A. Schwarzman. Thermodynamics of alloys of Iron (in Russian). Metallurgia. 1984.
- S.D. Kaloshkin, I.A. Tomilin. The Crystallization Kinetics of Amorphous Alloys, Thermochemica Acta, v.280/281, 1996, pp.303-317.
- A.A. Turchanin, I.A. Tomilin. Experimental Investigations of the Enthalpies of Formation of Zr-based metallic Amorphous Binary and Ternary Alloys. Berichte der Bunzen-Gesselschaft fur Physikalische Chemie, 1998, v. 102, №. 9, 1252
- V.K. Portnoy, A.M. Blinov, I.A. Tomilin, V.N. Kuznetsov, T. Kulik. Formation of nickel aluminides by mechanical alloying and thermodynamics of interaction. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2001, v. 336, №1 -2, 196 -201.
- S.D. Kaloshkin, I. A. Tomilin, V.V. Tcherdyntsev. Thermodynamic Approach to the Description of Steady-State Phase Composition of Alloys Obtained by Mechanical Alloying Technique. Journal Metastable Nanocryst. Mater., 2003, v. 15-16, pp.209-214 .
- Tomilin I.A., Kaloshkin S.D., Tcherdyntsev V.V. Enthalpy of formation of quasicrystalline phase and ternary solid solutions in the Al-Fe-Cu system. Rare Metals, 2006, V. 25,